UBC’s new Disaster Resilience Research Network (DRRN) is seeking two highly motivated UBC graduate students for its inaugural Disaster Resilience Graduate Fellowship. The fellows will support the DRRN by analyzing the state of disaster research in British Columbia.
Two graduate students will be selected: one from the sciences or applied sciences, and the other from the social sciences or humanities. They will work together to conduct a transdisciplinary literature review about disaster preparedness, response, and governance in British Columbia from a hybrid socio-technical perspective. This review will provide a strong foundation to develop research questions and methodologies which can be implemented through external grant applications and will ultimately be revised as a publication in an appropriate transdisciplinary journal.
Fellows will also be expected and encouraged to participate in and support network activities, as appropriate.
- January - December 2023
Pay and program benefits:
- $7,500 fellowship, paid bi-weekly
- Flexible working hours
- Shared office space
Eligibility and selection criteria:
- Must be enrolled as a graduate student at UBC for the duration of the position
- Strong research interest in disaster-related studies
- Strong research and writing skills
- Able to work both independently and as a member of a team
To apply, you will need the following materials. When you are ready, click the "Apply Now" button below.
- Cover letter (1-2 pages) indicating your interest in the position and describing how you meet the selection criteria above
- Academic CV
Application deadline: Monday, November 14, 2022, 11:59 PM
Short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in a short interview over Zoom.